Our government client who has a significant public impact is currently going through a comprehensive rebuild of their ICT systems, processes and applications focussed on addressing security risks to secure and strengthen all elements of their operating environment.
The Linux Systems Engineer will be providing support, assisting with developing detailed technical documentation and will also be a ‘hands-on’ engineer that will perform the execution and implementation of technology changes.
- As a member of the Infrastructure team within ROBUST program, work with project teams, architects and vendors to provide direction and guide integrate of new systems into the environment.
- On an individual basis or as a team member, work with integration vendors to guide standard patterns for installation, configuration of operating system and related software components for the datacentre, networks, security and cloud environments.
- On an individual basis or as a member of a team, provide guidance and recommendations and report on matters associated within the delivery projects.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of techniques and developments associated with IT systems, in particular their potential application to planned solutions.
- Actively support project implementation and integration including an understanding of ITIL service delivery concepts.
- Experience with deploying and managing components across the Linux and related product stacks in a secure, repeatable standardised manner.
o RedHat Enterprise Linux
o RedHat Ansible
o RedHat Integration platform
o Virtualisation (Hyper-V/VMware)
- Experience working collaboratively with networking, compute and storage engineers, security engineers and architects to coordinate deployment and management of components
- Experience with Ansible automation and management stack,
- Experience developing and documenting SOEs and developing platform hardening best practices
- Experience working collaboratively in a heterogenous environment with complementary and sometimes competing technology stacks
- Experience working with vendors and internal resources to ensure delivery of solutions meets requirements.
- Ability to create detailed technical documentation (e.g. as-built documents, operational handover documents, support guides, operating standards)
- The candidate must state their agreement to have or obtain (at Bureau expense) a baseline security clearance.
Initial Term ASAP until 30 June 2020. Possibility of 2 x 3 months extension option.
Nice to have – NV1 clearance
You will only be shortlisted for this position if you meet the minimum requirements and have full working rights in Australia, as this is within government you will need to have Citizenship