Our client a well-known government agency is looking for a Network Engineer to assist with a comprehensive rebuild of their ICT systems and related business processes and applications, focused on addressing security and resilience risks.
This position will be responsible for providing support within the Infrastructure Delivery Stream to the various project managers and architects and assist with developing detailed technical documentation for the various infrastructure projects. The role will be a ‘hands-on’ engineer that can perform the execution and implementation of technology changes to achieve the future-state Robust design.
- As a member of the Infrastructure team within Robust program, work with project teams and vendors to integrate new systems into the environment.
- On an individual basis or as a team member, install and configure networking components for the datacentre, networks, security and/or cloud environments.
- On an individual basis or as a member of a team, provide advice and recommendations and report on matters associated within the delivery projects
- Maintain up to date knowledge of techniques and developments associated with IT systems, in particular, their potential application to planned solutions.
- Actively support project implementation and integration including an understanding of ITIL service delivery concepts.
- Comply with all Bureau work, health and safety policies and procedures, and take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of employees, contractors and visitors who may be affected by your conduct.
- Commitment to APS Values, Employment Principles, Code of Conduct and the Bureau’s Social Justice Strategy.
- Experience with deploying and managing components across the Local and Wide Area Network stack in a secure, repeatable standardised manner.
o Cisco Networking hardware and operating systems
o Palo Alto Firewall appliance and operating software
o BigIP-F5 hardware appliance and operating software
o Local and Wide Area Networking, including Data Centre design and configuration
o Network routing and switching
o Domain Name Services (DNS)
o Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Experience working collaboratively with networking, platform, security engineers and architects to coordinate the deployment and management of component
- Experience with Network Management and Security products and tools, hardening and best practices
- Experience working collaboratively in a heterogenous environment with complementary and sometimes competing technology stacks
- Experience working with vendors and internal resources to ensure delivery of solutions meet requirements.
- Ability to create detailed technical documentation (e.g. as-built documents, operational handover documents, support guides, operating standards)
You will only be shortlisted for this position if you meet the minimum requirements listed above