We are looking for a highly capable and adaptable Senior Python Developer to join our government client who has a significant public impact.
Our client has embarked on a Public Services Transformation Program that will establish a fully integrated national approach to delivering meteorological, hydrological, climatological, and communication services.
Thus they are seeking experienced Senior/ Lead Python Developers to work on the National GFE project and the Guidance Post Processing project to deliver greater levels of automation and to enable centralisation of functions which will unleash new capacity.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge and experience in developing Python applications for a Linux environment (Redhat preferred).
- Demonstrated experience with scientific Python libraries such as NumPy, SciPy and Pandas
- Understanding science requirements and/or complex systems and implementing them in Python
- Demonstrated ability to reimplement complex code from C++ to Python.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of complex Python code at scale within performance and memory constraints
- Experience in Test-driven development
- Demonstrated experience with modern collaborative software development practices including:
- automated-testing and deployment,
- version control (Git preferred),
- code reviews,
- agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to develop a robust and well-documented code of a suitable standard for deployment on operational 24*7 operational systems.
You will only be shortlisted for this position if you meet the minimum requirements and have full working rights in Australia, as this is within government you will need to have Citizenship