An iconic client of ours is looking for a Lead Product Designer to join their forward-thinking team, in this exciting new contract role!
The Lead Product Designer role assists the Design Director by leading a team of product designers with taking on complex tasks and transforming them into elegant, accessible, hard-working interfaces that millions of people use each day-from the first-time user to the digital native.
Achieving this goal requires strong leadership skills and collaboration with teams of other designers, researchers, product managers and developers throughout the design process-from creating design visions, user flows and wireframes to building user interface mock-ups and prototypes. At each stage, your team will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product aligns to our principles of being effortless, smart and exceptional.
The Lead Product Designer will…
- Lead the experience design within agile projects and programs across the enterprise, informing program strategy and digital execution
- Mentor, drive and manage a product design tribe of 2-5 designers, including planning, performance, development and participation in the recruitment process.
- Lead design activities within the program from strategic design, through to delivery and optimisation – ensuring the experiences we deliver are customer-led and are highly accessible.
- Introduce and lead best practices, mentor and grow the product design team and ensure exceptional design quality.
- Drive and uphold the customer experience as a key deliverable for all projects.
- Collaborate with the Digital & Data Experience team and project/program teams to deliver great digital experiences.
- Play a lead role with the product design Community of Practice, evolving and ensuring adherence to global design patterns
- Play a lead role in the optimisation of processes and practices within both the program and the wider enterprise
- Provide design and digital leadership to the digital team and the wider business
More About You
- Extensiive design related experience with a focus interaction design and/or user experience design with demonstrable portfolio of work
- An impressive background with experience creating interfaces, large-scale websites, or applications
- Strong conceptual thinking with an ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviours and translate them into actionable deliverables
- Strong attention to detail and highly developed organisational skills including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet ambitious deadlines while maintaining high quality craft execution
- Strong knowledge of and experience with user interface design processes and methodologies
- Experience mentoring and leading a small design team within a large corporate or agency
- Experience working with clients (or internal clients) and cross-functional development teams
- Demonstrated problem-solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to visualise abstract ideas and concepts
- Experience with large organisation digital products, including digital strategies and roadmaps
This is a 6-month contract role, with strong potential to extend.
If you have the Product Design skills and a love for people management, then apply now!