This is a fantastic opportunity to join our design consultancy and work across a range of innovative world-class clients. We offer excellent training and development, as well as the opportunity for career progression, flexible working and to make a big difference to some truly wonderful online products and services.
The Product Designer (UX/UI) role supports the Lead Designer by working with a team of product designers taking on complex tasks and transforming them into elegant, accessible, hard-working interfaces that millions of people use each day-from the first-time user to the digital native. Achieving this goal requires autonomy and collaboration within a design tribe, researchers, product managers and developers throughout the design process- from creating conceptual designs, user flows and wireframes to building user interface mock-ups and prototypes. At each stage, your team will anticipate what users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product aligns to the principles of being effortless, smart and exceptional.
As a Product Designer, you will…
- Create optimised online experiences to ensure the customer is represented when balancing experience (desirable), business (viable), and engineering (feasible) needs
- Create user experience deliverables such as user journeys, visual design, design patterns, and prototypes
- Actively contribute to user-centred design activities on projects, creatively solving problems at all levels of detail: from the big picture to the small detail
- Work with research teams carrying out customer interviews, usability testing, qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights and to validate concepts
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, research findings, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually to different audiences and varying levels of the organisation
- Actively collaborate with the senior design team to mature global patterns for consumption across all products and platforms
- Active engagement with the design tribe, from day-to-day communication, through to craft and quality of execution
- Push creativity, challenge established thinking and processes, and discover new ways of approaching (and solving) a problem
- Product Design experience with a focus on interaction design and/or user experience design with a demonstrable portfolio of work
- Experience creating interfaces, large-scale websites, or applications
- Strong conceptual thinking with the motivation to understand customer needs, behaviours and translate them into actionable deliverables
- Strong attention to detail with mature organisational skills including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines while maintaining high quality craft execution
- Strong understanding of and experience with user interface design processes and methodologies
- Experience working with clients (or internal clients) and crossfunctional development teams
- Demonstrated problem-solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience with large organisation digital products, including digital strategies and roadmaps
This is a permanent, full time position within a fantastic team.
If you have the UX and UI skills and love product design, then apply now!