Today is Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) and we’re supporting our Design community to get everyone talking, thinking and learning about digital access and inclusion, as it affects more than one billion people with disabilities and impairments worldwide.
We interviewed six of the industry’s best accessibility and design experts focusing on the most common misconceptions about accessibility and user-friendly design.
In this detailed 36 minute interview, Torii’s Principal Design Consultant Maggie Partsi takes a deep dive into accessibility in Design. We hear from:
- Gerry Neustatl – Accessibility & Inclusive Design Lead, ABC
- Laila Coulton – Head of Digital Accessibility, Xero
- Matthew Putland – Senior Digital Accessibility Consultant, Vision Australia
- Sarah Pulis – Co-Founder & Director, Intopia
- Allison Ravenhall – Accessibility Senior Specialist, Telstra
- Kevin Galvin – Founder, me2 accessibility
Here they share their top tips, thoughts on common misconceptions, and some great examples of accessible and user-friendly digital experiences.
Interested in All Things Design?
Keep up to date with contracting and consulting in Design and Tech in Australia by following Torii Consulting on LinkedIn.